CINNAMON-PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE PIE ...a nice home made pumpkin recipe...try this one !
- 2 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 18 oz. container fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 (16 oz.) can solid pack plain pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Prepare sweet pie crust. Roll out dough; fit into 9-inch pie plate, fluting edge of crust or decorating as desired. Place in freezer 10 minutes.Preheat oven to 400°F.
In food processor or blender, process cream cheese and ricotta until well blended and smooth.
Add pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons grated orange peel, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; process until thoroughly blended.
Pour mixture into prepared crust. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake pie 35 minutes longer until filling is firm in center and knife inserted comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack. The homemade pumpkin is ready to serve....enjoy the pie !